Flexible Funeral Support, Casual Contract
About the role
- Location: Taunton Funeral Home/Bridgwater Funeral Home and across Somerset
- Salary: £9.43 per hour plus Out of Hours enhancements
- Casual Support – Zero Hours Contract
Are you looking for a role that will give something back to the community of Somerset? We are looking to recruit Flexible Funeral Support to join our busy team who can provide efficient and consistent support to St Margaret’s Funeral Services.
This role is part of the exceptional quality, personal and unique family centred funeral services that St Margaret’s Funerals offers the local community. You will need to be able to travel across different geographical areas. In addition, there will be significant moving and handling, a requirement to work flexibly and participate in the out-of-hours rota as required.
Previous experience is not required as full training will be provided.
The role will involve
- Acting as the first point of call to bereaved families out of hours
- Day to day collection duties which will on occasion require significant moving and handling
- Care and preparation of the deceased
- Bearing coffins at funerals
- Taking part in the out-of-hours rota as required, including weekend and evening work
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexible with availability, sometimes at short notice
- Comfortable in an environment that is highly responsive
- Willing to be an ambassador for St Margaret’s Hospice and Funeral Services
- Comfortable with lone working as well as working within a team
- Full manual driving licence
- Over 21, for insurance purposes
What we offer
In return we offer a rewarding role in a fast-paced and positive working environment.
- No experience necessary, full training will be given
- Uniform provided
- Active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and an appropriate Standard Disclosure application will be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check previous spent and unspent convictions that are not subject to filtering rules introduced on 29 May 2013.
A copy of our privacy notice can be found at here.